Witamy na Forum Polonii w Dallas!

Giants-Patriots: Was Kyle Lauletta’s night better than the stats indicated?

Polskie sklepy i firmy... Put info about your business in DFW....

Moderator: kris_k

linhui95

Giants-Patriots: Was Kyle Lauletta’s night better than the stats indicated?

Post autor: linhui95 » pn lis 05, 2018 9:18 pm

In a surprise start Thursday vs. the New England Patriots New York Giants Hats , rookie Kyle Lauletta went a pedestrian 8-of-19 for 118 yards with a touchdown pass and two interceptions for the New York Giants as they lost 17-12.Giants coach Pat Shurmur thought Lauletta, the team’s fourth-round pick, played better in his most extended action of the preseason than the final stats indicated.“I think he fell victim to some drops that would’ve made things look a little better. That one scramble where I think he hit (Jerell) Adams (a ball that was dropped), that keeps a drive alive,” Shurmur said. “He was aggressive with his throws down the field, which we wanted to see. You can see he has plenty of arm strength, which is good, and I thought he was pretty poised throughout the game.”Lauletta was hard on himself“There were a couple of near misses,” he said. “A couple of deep balls were just a little bit off today. I think if I had made a couple of those throws, everything would have been different, we might have even won the game. I’m disappointed, but I know what I have to do moving forward.”Both interceptions came on deep balls intended for Kalif Raymond. Cornerback J.C. Jackson had both interceptions, reaching out for one and taking inside position from Raymond to get the other one. After the game, Shurmur sounded as if he felt Raymond could have done a better job preventing at least one of the interceptions.“When you’re in pro football and you’re throwing the ball around, you need to catch it, especially in those third down situations or when we take a shot on the deep ball, if the ball gets laid inside a little bit New York Giants Womens Hoodie , the ball’s got to get defended,” he said.Lauletta, though, was taking the blame himself.“When it left my hand, I honestly thought it was a touchdown, but it kind of hung up in the air,” Lauletta said. “I should have put it two more yards out there and he probably walks in.”Lauletta also indicated that perhaps he should have checked the ball down on one of the two interceptions.Confident he can do the jobIf all goes according to plan for the Giants this will be the last time we see Lauletta in a game until the 2019 preseason. Eli Manning is entrenched as the starter and Davis Webb has ascended to the No. 2 role. That will likely leave Lauletta in street clothes on game days. His preseason line ends up 17-of-35 (48.6 percent) for 194 yards, a touchdown and two interceptions.He knows the situation, but he is also confident he can handle the responsibility of playing if the situation arises.“Absolutely, absolutely. As much as we’re in the room studying, and Eli is the guy, but me and Davis or Alex, we’re all hearing the same things that he’s hearing and we’re preparing the same way. We might not get as many reps, but look, this is the NFL and when you go out there, there’s no excuses. You study, you rep the routes and the throws as much as you can Womens Customized New York Giants Jerseys , and when your number is called, you have to execute it,” he said.“So Davis is confident, I’m confident, Alex goes out there and plays extremely well. That’s what we do, so I’m confident, and if I were ever called to come into a game, I would have all the confidence in the world. With this coaching staff and this group of guys around me, (there is) no fear or nothing like that. Just go out and play and help my team win. Tonight, we fell a little bit short, and partly because of me, so it hurts a little bit, but we’ll just learn from it and it will carry into the regular season.”Giants-Saints final score: Giants fall to Saints 33-18, move to 1-3 The New York Giants fell on Sunday to the New Orleans Saints, 33-18. The Giants are now 1-3 one quarter of the way through the season.The Giants tried their best to make it a game late. After trailing 26-10 late in the fourth quarter, Eli Manning and the Giants offense went down the field and with a Saquon Barkley touchdown and a Sterling Shepard two-point conversion, cut the Saints lead to 26-18. The Saints put the game out of reach with a 49-yard rushing touchdown from Alvin Kamara with just over two minutes left. “We’re 1-3 and that’s not where we want to be right now. Some games that were close enough that if we made more plays www.giantscheapshops.com , we might’ve had an opportunity to win,” said head coach Pat Shurmur. “You just keep working. You just keep working and you play your way out of it and you coach your way out of it. Period.”Eli Manning finished the game 31-of-41 passing for 255 yards and one touchdown. Manning was unable once again this week to throw the ball down the field, averaging 6.21 yards per attempt. Odell Beckham Jr. had a relatively quiet afternoon. Beckham finished with seven catches for 60 yards and was stopped from getting into the end zone. Sterling Shepard reeled in 10 catches for 77 yards and a touchdown.Moments that matteredFirst-half bend-not-break defense: The Giants defense defined the saying ‘bend not break’ in the first half. Big Blue allowed the Saints into the red-zone four times in the first half, all resulting in field goals. The defensive stands close to the end zone kept the Giants in the game in the first half. Kamara rips apart Giants defense: Saints running back Alvin Kamara excelled in Sunday’s game, rushing for 134 yards on 19 carries, including a two touchdown runs, both of which put the Saints back up two possessions. Kamara also added 47 yards receiving onfive receptions. With his two fourth-quarter touchdowns, Kamara put the game out of reach. Eli Manning makes history: With Eli Manning’s first quarter touchdown pass to Sterling Shepard, Manning passed Fran Tarkenton for 7th-most all-time in passing touchdowns with 343. Chances, chances, chances: With a couple minutes left in the third quarter, the Giants had to ball in the Saints red-zone, looking for a touchdown to cut the deficit to one possession. Following a couple of incompletions, the Giants were forced to kick a field goal, making the score 19-10, still a two-possession game. What’s next?The Giants play travel to play the Carolina Panthers next Sunday. Kickoff is set for 1 p.m. ET.